BSOP 588 Midterm – Version 2 (Taken 2013)Purchase here
Product Description• Page 1
1. Question (TCO A) Compare and contrast the evolution of quality and the role it played in the management of U.S. and Japanese business firms from the 1950s to the present.
2. Question (TCO B) Compare and contrast the following definitions of quality. Definition 1: Quality is the totality of features and characteristics of a product or service that bears on its ability to satisfy given needs. Definition 2: Quality is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
3. Question (TCO A) Explain the three core principles of total quality.
4. Question (TCO H) Identify and discuss five differences between service and manufacturing organizations.
5. Question (TCO B) Cite two ways that the accounting function can contribute to the achievement of quality.
6. Question (TCO C) Deming states that knowledge is not possible without theory, and experience alone does not establish a theory. Explain this statement as it applies to management decision making.
• Page 2
1. Question (TCO G) Cite three ways that middle management can impede an organization’s transition towards a total quality environment. Why is it important that middle management be supportive of a total quality initiative2. Question (TCO H) Identify and discuss the five key dimensions of service quality.
3. Question (TCO D) The criteria for Performance Excellence for the Malcolm Baldrige award consist of a hierarchical set of categories, items, and areas to address. Which of the following four is NOT one of them4. Question (TCO E) “Moments of truth” are instances when:
5. Question (TCO F) The ability of an organization to change in order to deal with increasingly hyper-turbulent environments is referred to as:
6. Question (TCO A) The finance function is responsible for:
BSOP 588 Midterm – Version 2 (Taken 2013)Purchase here…